Oatmeal chocolate logs are perfect for Christmas. (Candy Woodall/Courtesy York Dispatch)
Recipe Box: Oatmeal chocolate logs
December 23, 2015
2 cups sifted flour
½ tsp. salt
1 cup shortening (or butter or margarine
½ cup sifted confectioner sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup oatmeal
1 pkg. 12 oz. semi-sweet choc. chips
¼ cup milk
(Festive colored candies, chocolate shots, nuts, toppings of your choice)
* Sift flour with salt; set aside.
* Mix shortening, sugar and vanilla till creamy.
* Add flour mixture and mix well. Mix in oats. Dough will be quite stiff.
* Shape into logs, balls or cones.
* Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 325º for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.
* Melt chocolate with milk over hot water; mix till smooth. You can also melt the chocolate/milk mixture in the microwave.
* Dip the ends of the cookie in chocolate and then in the candy. Place on wax paper till set.
Recipe from the kitchen of Therese Gunty.
You must be logged in to post comments to this article.