Executive director sought for Franciscan Center
The chief responsibilities of the Executive Director are to provide leadership in achieving the organization’s mission, vision and Franciscan values, to oversee prudent fiscal management and fundraising efforts, to encourage organizational development, to cultivate and maintain partnerships with a diverse representation of service agencies, as well as to provide for the well-being of the organization and its employees.
Industry: Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Company: Franciscan Center
Location: 101 W 23rd St. Baltimore MD
Publish Date: 3/30/2017
The chief responsibilities of the Executive Director are to provide leadership in achieving the organization’s mission, vision and Franciscan values, to oversee prudent fiscal management and fundraising efforts, to encourage organizational development, to cultivate and maintain partnerships with a diverse representation of service agencies, as well as to provide for the well-being of the organization and its employees by insuring compliance to the regulations that affect a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Candidates can send their resumes to FCBoard@fcbmore.org.
Program Development and Administration
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, vision and Franciscan values.
- Provide leadership in developing programs, organizational and financial plans.
- Maintain official records and documents to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Develop and support continuous improvement opportunities.
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board and Executive Director and the Executive Director and staff.
- Ensure that the activities of the organization, its programs and goals are publicized.
- Establish working relationships with community groups and organizations.
- Cultivate key relationships on behalf of the organization.
- Serve as the spokesperson and increase awareness and influence of the organization.
- Correspond with donors through acknowledgment letters and newsletters.
- Initiate advocacy efforts for the Center’s programs and clients.
- Be responsible for the employee life cycle for all staff.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed and performance management practices are in place.
- See that effective management teams, with appropriate provisions for succession are in place.
- Be accountable to the Board of Directors through periodic goal setting and evaluations.
- Encourage staff development and education.
- Maintain a positive work environment which attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff.
Budget and Finance
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- See that the organization operates within the budget guidelines.
- Work with the Development Department to ensure that adequate funds will permit the organization to carry out its mission, vision and Franciscan values.
- Develop clear and concise metrics by program to facilitate outcome measurement.
- Execute legal documents.
- Monitor compliance with partnership agreements with organization’s funders and partners.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· A Minimum of five years of management experience is required. Prior experience working in administrative positions in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Knowledge of accounting software and computer programs.
- Proven ability to prioritize, delegate, multitask and problem solve in a multi-services environment.
- Ability to work with community partners and organizations.
- Strong motivational and team building skills.
- Behave ethically - Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that your own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the Franciscan values of the organization.
- Ability to respect and support the capabilities and independence of staff and volunteer leadership.
- Experience working in progressively responsible positions with non-profit agencies.
- Experience working in an administrative role with homeless services organization preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Services, non-profit management or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.